Tuesday, February 4, 2014

GOOD friends are like stars: Tonights Blog Post









I ran across this quote the other day and thought I would share with all of you tonight. 

In many ways it reminded me of not only my own life, but also the STRUMP book. Throughout life we meet so many people, either at work, or at a family outing, or in the mall.....wherever. Point is, no matter how many people we meet, only a very select few will be there when you need them the most. Even the one that you thought above all else would be there for you is more oft the not the one who forgets about you first. This sounds a bit grim but there is a positive note, those who you least thought would not be there for you end up to be the ones to help you out the most. 

For me it was my wife, my kids, my mom, grandmother, sister, and aunts. They, one would assume would stick buy you through thick and thin.

So how about the friends? In short the closest ones all forgot me and were quick to judge, but those whom I had forgotten about came though and came to my aid when I needed them most. Now, after the rain(As the quote above says) I can see the stars of whom I can trust. 

In STRUMP: King Alexander’s loyal friends were helping him behind the scenes, most of the time without him even knowing. He was doing the same for them and as such that is how we have to be with others. 

At the end of the day all we can do is be good people and be truthful honest friends to those we know, and hopefully those around us follow our example and do the same. If we do so we can all make this world a better place. 

"Sometimes a little rain can wash away all the dust."

No comments:

Post a Comment