Wednesday, March 26, 2014

5 for 5 Star Amazon Review! Strump A World of Shadows






5.0 out of 5 stars
 Strump will be hard to top March 14, 2014
Format:Kindle Edition|Amazon Verified Purchase

I was merely five pages in when I put Strump down to collect myself. So I pulled my hair back and got a cup of coffee before I began again; this was some serious fantasy and I intended to be all there for it.

The world inside Strump is enchanting. And I mean every corner of it; from the names of characters, places, things, to the description and dialogue. This author has an incredible imagination and the mad skills to transport his readers into a land divided in two. I should have waited to write this review because at the moment I’m tongue-tied with adjectives. All I want to do is put everything in caps and end it with exclamation points. I don’t often gush, but that’s all I seem to want to do.

At its heart of heart, this is a story of two brothers who both want the keys to their father’s kingdom. One is nefarious, the other virtuous, both powerful. By birthright, yes, but also because of the allegiances they form. And this is just the main vein. So many subplots and delightful characters abound.

I agree wholeheartedly with the previous reviewer who said this is a great bedtime story. I thought the same thing! Like, somebody cue Fred Savage and tell him to climb under the covers because Grandpa’s got a real doozy for him this time around.

Definitely the best fantasy I’ve read in a long, long time. I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment