Saturday, March 8, 2014

Book Review: Art in the Dark by Robery Eichlberg




Book Review 
by Michael Beas

Art in the Dark
by Robert Eichlberg


Witty and Fun on a Grand Scale. This how best I would describe this short story collection from Author Robert Eichlberg.

“Art in the Dark” truly took my by surprise in many ways. The cover of the book captivated me and I purchased it out of curiosity more then anything else. I was shocked to find that while funny and witty the short story collection really dealt with very important aspects of human development and above all morality.

Most of the ideas described in the stories parities, I have thought before, especially when I take a step back and look at how developed nations are rapidly progressing. We live in materialistic society which is growing on a massive scale, and that is fueled by Politian’s and news media. It truly is ironic how easily we are lured by the latest must haves that are being driven by our loss of privacy, no thanks to all of the social media we have to live with.

Now don’t get me wrong, these are hard topics to discuss and more so stay focused on with out going out off the deep end with crazy conspiracy theories. Author Robert Eichlberg does it with a style all of his own in a humorous fun way to keep your attention, which to be frank is not an easy task.

If I had to critique something it would have to be that narrative is a little too short, but then again it is a short story collection and I am sure this is the start of other works soon to come.  

I rate this one up as a strong 4 and cant wait to read more.  

No comments:

Post a Comment