Monday, March 17, 2014

Book Review: Held Hostage





Held Hostage: A Story of Love & Mental Illness

 By Bonnie Mckeating

Book Review
By Michael Beas



Held Hostage is one of those amazing books you simply cannot put down once you start reading. If you liked the movie shutter island then you are going to love this book. The magnitude and depth of this novel is compelling and grabbed my attention from the very first few pages.

James, the main character in the story will take you on an all out thrill ride with his quest to help the other prisoners escape the mental health facility they are staying. Like with all good endeavors there is always something to hinder further progress. In James case it is his paranoid schizophrenia that gets in his way. There are many twist and turns that move the story along in a sweeping fashion.

The writing style was absolutely superb, well edited and frankly just amazingly written that will capture the imagination from the very start.

Words that best describe this book are Compelling, Emotional, Suspenseful, Addicting, and Grand. I have to say I was a little sad when the story ended because it left me wanting more. For the past couple of days I have been thinking of how best to write this review. Not because I am a loss for words, but rather because it left me thinking of life well after reading.

A solid 5 star review for Bonnie McKeating and I hope to read more of her work soon.  


No comments:

Post a Comment